THE RECIPE FOR YUMMY BEANS – HOW TO MAKE BEANS TASTE BETTER
Growing up, beans was not one of my favourite foods. I simply detested the sight of it. Maybe because we were always served overly watery beans in my boarding school days or my taste buds were not just friendly with it. Nevertheless, I always had a substitute. When beans was on the menu for the day, I opted for another option, even if it was a bite of biscuit.
A few years ago, I tried a different method of cooking beans and was hooked, so I have decided to share the secret to a yummy beans which you will love too.
Two major ingredients that create this lip-smacking taste are onions and groundnut oil. Beans cooked with onions is very delicious. When cooking beans, be generous with the onions.
Usually, people use palm oil to cook beans. Adding half portion of palm oil and another half portion of groundnut oil is the real deal.
Now, let’s cook our yummy beans.
2 Cups Beans.
4 Medium-sized Onions.
2 Tablespoons Crayfish Powder.
4 Scotch Bonnet Pepper or Chilly Pepper.
1 Cooking Spoon Groundnut Oil.
1 Cooking Spoon Palm Oil.
● Pick the debris from the beans.
● Dice the onions.
● Dice or blend the scotch bonnet pepper coarsely.
- Boil water. Rinse the beans and add to the boiled water. Add some diced onions and let it cook.
- When the beans is soft to an extent. Remove the beans from heat.
- Place a pot or frying pan on the fire. Add palm oil and groundnut oil.
- Pour the remaining diced onions. Add your seasoning cubes, salt, and crayfish powder. Add the scotch bonnet pepper or chilly pepper. Fry for about two minutes
- Pour the mixture into your pot of beans and let it cook.
- Taste for seasoning and salt. Adjust to your desired taste if necessary.
- Let it cook for about 7 minutes.
Your yummy beans is ready to be savored!
You can eat beans with pap, oatmeal, fried plantain, bread, yam, rice.
How do you cook beans? Have you tried this recipe?
Did you enjoy it?