FITNESS GUIDE FOR BUSY ENTREPRENEURS (HOME WORKOUTS. NO EQUIPMENT)
Are you a very busy business man/woman or a workaholic who is interested in keeping fit but can’t because you don’t have the time to hit the gym? Get in here because I have compiled a list of easy but efficient workout routines you can do in the comfort of your home. You don’t even need any equipment. You only need your joggers, a comfortable top and your sneakers (which is optional). Here are few workouts you can do at home to stay in shape and healthy.
1) JUMPING JACKS: This is the easiest form of exercise you can do. All you have to do is put your hands up, open your legs and jump as you close both your hands and legs. Jumping Jacks helps control and maintain your blood pressure, prevents heart attacks and can be useful in burning body fat.
HOW TO DO JUMPING JACKS
STEP 1: Stand upright. Put your legs together and keep your arms by your side.
STEP 2: Bend your knees a little and jump.
STEP 3: Spread your legs open as you jump up and down while stretching out and bringing in your arms.
STEP 4: Repeat slowly for sometime before increasing your pace.
2) SQUAT: This is another exercise that can be done anywhere at home and without any equipment. Squat helps improve flexibility, strengthens the lungs and heart. It can also help increase the size of your thighs and butt (for the ladies). However, if you don’t know how to squat properly, you just might end up hurting your knee joints and lower back. Take it slow as practice makes perfect.
SHOW TO SQUAT PROPERLY
STEP 1: Stand straight and stretch your hands out in front of you.
STEP 2: Bend slowly and let your entire weight be on your legs. You can stoop on your toes if you want.
STEP 3: Stay in that position for as long as you can. Breathe slowly while in this position.
3) PLANK: This may not be an easy exercise for beginners but it gets easier as you practise. Planks help improve your body posture, get rid of back pains and improve flexibility.
PROPER WAY OF DOING A PLANK POSE
STEP 1: Lie like you’re about to do a push-up.
STEP 2: Your elbows should be directly under your shoulders, your back should be flat with your eyes and head looking up and straight. Your foot/toes should be raised up too.
STEP 3: Hold this stance for at least 45 secs.You can increase the time as you get used to it.
N.B: Don’t hold your breath for too long. It makes it hard to hold your stance.
4) BRIDGE: This is perfect for the workaholics who have their backs bent most times due to work as it helps relieve back pains. It’s also perfect for those hoping to get flat tummy and helps maintain the abs. Bridges also help relieve menstrual pain.
HOW TO DO A BRIDGE
STEP 1: Lie flat on the floor. Put your knees up and your feet flat.
STEP 2: With your back still on the floor, lift your bottom up.
STEP 3: Remain in that position for 45-60secs. Your arms should be kept flat by your side.
5) BICYCLE CRUNCH: This is a fun and easy exercise. It is just like lying and riding a bicycle. Reports have confirmed that this is the best exercise for abs. So, if you want those sexy-looking abs, you’ll need to start cycling. The bicycle crunch also helps to strengthen the bones, decrease stress level, decrease the level of body fat in the body and improve body posture and co-ordination.
HOW TO DO THE BICYCLE CRUNCH.
STEP 1: Lie flat on the ground with your head and shoulders slightly raised.
STEP 2: Put your hands at the back of your head.
STEP 3: Raise one leg up and bend your knee till it gets to your chest.
STEP 4: Bring the bent knee forward to touch the opposite arm. Do the same for the other leg.
STEP 5: Keep alternating sides slowly at first and then increase your pace.
The above are a few workout routines that can be done in the comfort of your home and without any equipment. So, tell me, what fitness routine do you practise? Let’s talk about it in the comment section.