YAM-PLANTAIN PORRIDGE RECIPE
Yam porridge is a win any day, any time. However, when you add plantain in the cooking, it gives a different sweet taste that will make you savor every single bite of the meal.
Yam-plantain porridge is delicious and you can eat it at any time of the day.
Here’s how to cook this yummy meal.
• ½ Tuber Of Yam.
• 2 Big Plantain.
• ½ Cup Palm Oil.
• Shredded Smoked Fish ( Cleaned)
• 5 Scotch Bonnet Pepper.
• 2 Tablespoon Grounded Crayfish.
• Pumpkin Leaf (Ugwu) ~ ( Washed and sliced).
• Seasoning Cubes.
• Peel the yam and cut into cubes. Rinse it and put it in a bowl of water to prevent it from browning.
• Peel the plantain. Cut into cubes.
• Rinse the scotch bonnet and onions. Blend coarsely.
• Put a pot of oil on medium heat.
• Add diced onions and let it sauté for 1 minute. Add seasoning cube and pour the blended pepper. After about 5 minutes, add the shredded fish and grounded crayfish. Set aside after a minute.
• Boil water in a pot, add the yam and plantain. Add Salt.
• When the yam is almost cooked, add your mixture of pepper and let it cook together.
• After ten minutes, add the vegetable.
• Taste for salt and seasoning and adjust to your taste. Let it simmer for a minute and remove from heat.
Your meal is ready! Enjoy!
Featured photo source: Nigerian Lazy Chef