HOW TO PREPARE FISH SAUCE
Fish sauce is quick and easy to prepare and is loved by everyone – young and old. It can be served with staples like rice, yam and can be eaten as breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Fish sauce is delicious and rich in protein.
6 Plum Tomatoes.
3 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
1 tsp Diced ginger.
1 tsp Diced garlic.
1 tsp Curry.
1 tsp thyme.
1 Boiled Fresh Mackerel or Smoked Fish.
I/2 cup Groundnut Oil.
▷ Wash the fresh fish and remove the unwanted content. Add salt, seasoning cube, curry, thyme, and water. Bring to boil.
▷ Remove the bones and shred the fish when it’s cool.
If you are using smoked fish, remove the bones, shred it and add hot water and a pinch of salt. After three minutes, remove the fish and rinse
▷ Blend tomatoes, tatashe, scotch bonnet pepper, and onions coarsely.
▷ Dice the remaining onions.
- Pour the groundnut oil in a pot on the fire.
- Add the diced onions, ginger, and garlic. Add your seasoning, salt, curry, and thyme.
- Pour in the blended mixture. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Add your shredded fish.
- Taste for salt and seasoning. Adjust to your taste.
- Allow it to cook until you can see that oil is floating at the top.
Your Fish Sauce is ready. You can eat it with rice, yam, noodles, and spaghetti.
Enjoy your meal!