HOW TO CLEAN MAKEUP BRUSHES
Thanks to makeup brushes, we’re able to achieve a perfect glam look. Typically, you use your makeup brushes every day or few times in a week. It is important you care for your makeup tools as much as you use them. Why so? First, when you continually use them without washing, oil residuals, makeup pigments and dirt accumulate on them, and in no time, they become a breeding ground for bacteria. The dirty brushes affect your skin when they come in contact with it, causing acne, rashes, skin irritation, and other types of infections such as staphylococcus and fungal infections.
Secondly, dirty makeup brushes can accelerate aging.
If you use the right products for your skin and strictly follow a beauty regimen, but you keep having rashes, break outs, maybe it’s time to check your makeup brushes and possibly wash them.
Here’s a step by step guide to washing your makeup brushes.
• Rinse the tip of the brush with lukewarm water to remove residual makeup.
• Pour a drop of shampoo or any cleanser of your choice in your palm and gently massage it with the bristle or you can pour a scoop of shampoo in a bowl of lukewarm water and gently swirl each tip of the brush in the bowl.
• Rinse the bristles thoroughly under running water.
• Squeeze out the water with a neat towel.
• Lay your brush flat on a towel with tips hanging off the edge of a table.
• Repeat this process for all your brushes.
Clean your makeup brushes once in a week and watch your skin get a radiant glow.