FRUITS THAT ARE GOOD FOR THE SKIN
Fruits are important components of a healthy diet owing to their rich vitamin and mineral components which help the body perform all its basic functions maximally. They come in different sizes, shapes and vitamin components. The onus lies on one to be able to identify different fruits and how they serve to improve the quality of one’s skin, giving it the much desired magical glow.
1. Mango, no matter your specie of choice contains Vitamin A, C E and K as well as beta-carotene and flavoniods and are best at repairing any DNA damages done to the skin, healing it totally, hence, it’s inclusion in various organic cosmetic preparations.
2. Watermelon is a game changer for an acne probe skin and the best fruit in summer owing to its water content. Its trailer load of Vitamin A, B1, B6 and C as well as carotenoids and lycopene also makes it an effective antioxidant removing free radicals from the body, the skin especially.
3. Pawpaw possesses antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties and so naturally treats skin cuts and infections like ezcema, ringworm etc.
4. Orange contains Vitamin C and so help synthesize collagen, help heal photo and oxidative damage and also has the ability to improve skin tone.
5. Apple is a good choice fruit for glowy skin in winter. It contains Vitamin A, C and E as well as potassium, calcium and magnessium and helps to expel free radicals from the body, keeping the skin shiny.
6. Banana is an acne fighter and also helps in healing and mosturising the skin. The most interesting part of it is that, you can get this fruit all year round.
7. Grapes contain the antioxidant resveratrol and help to protect the skin against UV damage and skin cancer. Whatever specie you choose is just fine, even the seeds have skin healing and rejuvenating properties as well.
A glowing, moisturised skin requires some form of routine and hard work. Depending on your skin challenge or desire, engage these free gifts of nature at little cost and give your skin a treat it will thank you for.