CAUSES AND SOLUTIONS TO DARK UNDERARM
We all dread walking around with an under arm that is darker than our skin colour. It affects one’s confidence and can be quite embarrassing especially when it’s time to go swimming. The most common causes of dark underarms are repeated use of shaving creams and/or deodorants that don’t go well with our skin. This is why I advise that you don’t use shaving creams all the time and if you must, get one that is compatible with your skin and won’t cause any irritation. Same goes for deodorants; You should be careful when choosing one to avoid colouration.
Other causes of dark underarms are: obesity, cancer, etc.
So many people try to get rid of dark under arm the wrong way and end up causing more damage to their skin. This is why I have compiled a list of safe and effective ways to get rid of dark underarms.These methods are equally inexpensive and can be done at home.
1) POTATO: Rub a thin slice of potato or better still, grate the potato and apply the juice on your underarm. Leave on for about 20mins or it’s completely dry before washing off with lukewarm water. It should be done twice a day for faster result.
2) CUCUMBER: Simply rub a thin slice of cucumber on your underarm or grate the cucumber and apply the juice under your arms. Do this once or twice daily.
3) LEMON: Cut your lemon into two and rub on your under arm in a circular motion. Leave on for about 15mins before washing off. You can dip the two parts in sugar before applying on the underarm for better exfoliation.
4) BAKING SODA: Mix baking soda and water to make a thick paste. Rub paste on your underarm and wash off after a few minutes. Repeat few times a week.
5) COCONUT OIL: Massage your dark under arm with coconut oil. Leave on for 10-15mins before washing off with mild soap and lukewarm water. Repeat twice a day for faster results.
These are simple, inexpensive and organic methods of getting rid of dark underarms and regaining your lost confidence. Which of the methods will you try? Let me know the result when you do in the comment section.